Sunday, July 18, 2010

Join the Discussion.

Hello All.  I've been traveling and feeling a little under the weather lately, and I realize my blogging has been a bit slow during the past couple weeks.  But those of you who subscribe to my newsletter should have received the July issue several days ago -- all about cooling summer salads and seaweeds.  If you aren't already on the newsletter listserv and would like to be, you can sign up here (or in the sidebar, at right).












I have an endless list of topics I'm eager to blog about, and I'll get back to that shortly, but in the meantime I want to thank those of you who have started to join the discussion by posting comments on existing blog entries, such as Iced Tea Month, Summer Solstice, Not a Vegetarian, and Watermelon Juice.  I also continue to receive individual e-mails from many of you with your thoughts and reactions to my posts.  I appreciate every e-mail I receive, but I would love it if we could begin to have more open discussions.  I'm sure it's just like speaking up in class -- each of us thinks our perspective isn't valid or interesting enough, but it is.  Conversation is one of the things I value most.  So, if you're at all inclined, consider clicking on that comments link at the end of an entry and share with us your thoughts, opinions, reaction, relevant links, or whatever else you'd like to contribute.  I know we're just getting started here, but I hope in time we can turn this blog into an interactive health forum.

Will you be next to join the discussion?

Eat Well.  Live Well.  Be Well.  Share Well.

3 comments:

  1. I think this post needs a comment! This is not directly relevant... but on the topic of refreshing summer beverages. I don't know why, but fizzy things are so wonderful to me when it's this hot out. I have been drinking seltzer water like crazy. I realized recently that I don't know anything about how good that is for me -- I assume it is good and hydrating, and there are no artificial colors or sweeteners in the brand that I buy, so hopefully my addiction has no negative consequences! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Katy (and Brandon): Yes, seltzer can be very refreshing. As you said, as long as it is straight-up seltzer with no sodium, artificial sweeteners, or artificial flavors, you should be just fine. It's not the best idea to replace ALL your drinking water with carbonated water, but there's no reason why you can't enjoy a little seltzer in the summer. In fact, the other day I had a wonderful drink at Le Pain Quotidian in NYC -- hibiscus tea with a little maple syrup and seltzer, garnished with fresh mint. So good! I'll be making that at home soon. Be well, Jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds amazing!! Brandon has been making iced tea a lot recently -- might have to try this one out!

    ReplyDelete