Thursday, July 29, 2010

Guilt and Negative Self-Talk Do Way More Harm Than a Bagel!

Yep, me again.  Two posts in one day.  A dangerous precedent, I know, but I really wanted to share my experience with CRAVINGS from earlier today.  I think it's important to post the challenging moments alongside the seemingly effortless (HA!) healthy successes.  So, here goes.

In the interest of full disclosure (because we all deviate from our intentions once in a while, and that's OK)...

Today I had an intense craving for protein. It didn't help that the owner of the coffee shop where I was working was eating (and waxing poetic about) an amazing-looking burger from the place down the street. I was unprepared (didn't bring my own food) and eventually I broke down and ordered a toasted sesame bagel with peanut butter, which is a rarity for 90% gluten-free me. I have to say that it was heavenly. And it satisfied my hunger for protein enough that I could regain focus and get some work done.

The point? Don't let your own "food rules" be so limiting that they run your life. It's okay to deviate once in a while, and it's critical that you are gentle with yourself when it happens.

Guilt and negative self-talk do way more harm than a bagel!

What's your experience with challenging cravings?

Eat Well.  Live Well.  Be Well.  Be Gentle With Yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment