Saturday, August 28, 2010

Get to Your Local Farmers Market -- It's So Good Right Now!

I just got back from one of my local farmers markets (in Portsmouth, NH) and everything was so beautiful that I just wanted to post a quick reminder for all of you to get out there too!

I only have time right now to post a few pics because then I'm off to a (belated) graduation party with a bunch of my fellow holistic health coaches from the Boston area.  So, I hope these pics motivate you to get out to your local market.  I'll post some recipes over the coming week using my ingredients gathered today:
  • bok choy
  • sweet red peppers
  • yellow onions
  • lacinato ("dinosaur") kale'
  • rainbow chard
  • a beautiful variety of cherry and grape tomatoes (check 'em out below)
  • garlic
  • cukes
  • winter squash
  • and maybe even the spicy Italian sausage (local, humanely raised/animal welfare approved) I got last week


My Haul.  Can't wait to start cooking!

Recipes to follow.

Do you frequent your local farmers markets?  Do you belong to a CSA?  How's your garden doing? 

Please share with us what you've been harvesting/buying and what you're doing with it.

Eat Well.  Live Well.  Be Well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment